Wednesday, October 23

Wanderlust Wednesday: Lake Baikal

"Lake Baikal

Situated in south-east Siberia, the 3.15-million-ha Lake Baikal is the oldest (25 million years) and deepest (1,700 m) lake in the world. It contains 20% of the world's total unfrozen freshwater reserve. Known as the 'Galapagos of Russia', its age and isolation have produced one of the world's richest and most unusual freshwater faunas, which is of exceptional value to evolutionary science." Via Unesco

It's always seemed like such a stunning environment and magical place! Any time there's a documentary on about it I always watch it!* If I ever got the chance to go there I definitely would. I think I'd prefer winter over summer though in spite of the scary cold. Brrr... It just seems like some sort of fantasy wonderland all frozen over... Tis' almost the season you know!**

Kisses,

K

(Photo via Escapenormal.com, Info via Unesco.)

*Ok, so I watch most nature documentaries when I see them come on much to my Husband's chagrin. But I just really love nature!

**Yes, I know it's still October but the Christmas decorations are already out at all the stores and they keep giving me the side eye pressuring me! Sheesh...

 

No comments: