Tuesday, December 10

What I Ate: The Brown Derby

Last night I headed off into the gorgeous Florida sunset to meet my family for a Holiday dinner at the Brown Derby in Disney's Hollywood Studios.

The restaurant's them is Classic Hollywood and it was all dressed up for the Holiday Season.
We were seated in the Bamboo room, which was a first for all of us.
It's a smaller private dining room off the large main one and bamboo did indeed reign supreme.
My family ready to eat!
My brother and I making absurd faces... We're always up to something...
Bamboo ceilings and wallpapered walls.
More bamboo and the other random diners in the room.
For dinner I started with the Oyster and Brie soup finished with Champagne, Chives, and Lemon Aïoli.
Soooo amazing! I highly recommend it and am hunting for the recipe. Absolute yummm!
Next I had the Blue Lump Crab Spring Rolls, Snow Crab Claw, and an Asian Slaw with spicy Miso Aïoli.
Also super tasty.
Then for my main course I enjoyed the Charred-glazed Filet of Beef with a Red Wine Reduction, topped with a Cabernet and roasted Shallot Butter, over White Truffle Oil Wild Forest Mushroom Mashed Potato, and Sautéed Haricot Verts.
Everything was divine and my family really enjoyed all their various dishes, the only exceptions being that the lamb my Mom ordered was undercooked and my brother never received a spoon for his Cioppino soup... But despite that I would definitely eat there again.
Down south pineapples are a sign of welcome.
Enjoying each other's company at meals end.
Abandoned streets after the park's closing hour, holiday decor, and the Tower of Terror.
Family!
Art Deco designs.
How fabulous are these numbers!
Festive balconies.
Mickey ruling the world beneath the Florida moon and swaying palms.
Huey, Duey, and Louie making a festive window appearance for the Osborne Lights.
The beautiful and large tree outside the park.
Afterwards we headed over to the Swan & Dolphin Hotels to meet up with my sister's fiancé where he was busy working all day and night. MLB business was in full swing! The gigantic lobby was packed and ESPN was there set up in front of this gorgeous white poinsettia Christams tree to report on all the latest sports news happening.

There were soooo many men jammed into the space just walking through it was intense but it was pretty neat to see too.

Kisses,

K

(All images created and owned by Krista. Carson.)

No comments: