Wednesday, December 18

Oyster and Brie Soup

Remember this post where I told you about the amazing Oyster and Brie soup finished with Champagne, Chives, and Lemon Aïoli?
Well I tracked down the recipe online! I haven't tried it yet but I can't wait to give it a go for a future special occasion! Maybe Valentines Day?
Any rate...

Here's the recipe I found via Cook Eat Share:
6 ounce brie

48 ounce half-and-half

6 ounce roux cool

2 ounce fish base

1 c. Champagne

8 ounce oysters

8 ounce oyster juice

  Salt to taste

  Freshly-grnd white pepper to taste

Directions

Put half-and-half in a thick-bottom pot. Heat nearly to boil. Add in roux to thicken, simmer 10 to 15 min. Add in brie, stirring constantly to heat. Add in fish base, strain and return to pot.

In a separate pot, cook oysters in their own juice. Strain mix into first pot, then add in cooked oysters, juice and Champagne to mix. Add in salt and white pepper to taste.

This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.

I'll let you know when I do eventually try it out!

Kisses,

K

(Photo created and owned by Krista Carson. Recipe via Cook Eat Share.)

No comments: