Monday, February 3

I'm Back! / Getting Creative

Things are still pretty crazy around here*... But after my health recently affected me in a negative way once again (and also a sad way that I'm not quite ready to chat about...) I decided it was time to start putting myself first.

For me that means saying no when something is too much, accepting the support of my loved ones (and not feeling guilty about it), putting my body's health before things like dishes and laundry**, and allowing myself to do what I love most; being creative.

Allowing myself to get creative fills me up and de-stresses me like nothing else. Also, it's high time I listen to my Doctors and do the things that help keep my body relaxed and whole. For me that's making.

When I'm playing my ukelele or guitar, writing songs, painting, or any other number of things, I feel good. The only thing that makes me feel better is when I get to share those things with loved ones and the world around me.

Because of that I decided it was high time to get back to work making jewelry for my line Argento Alchemy. I put it on hold to care for a family member for an extended period of time, then because of our move, then because of my own health issues, but no more.

Argento Alchemy is back and it feels awesome! Of course, with that amount of time passing and a Paciffic to Atlantic level location change I'm starting all over at the beginning again... But I don't mind beacause as Julie Andrews sang, it's a very good place to start!

My favorite plier to work with, jump rings, spring rings, and sterling silver metal bits that I recycle and re-use.
Hand stamped double sided "a" tags for the pieces I make.
Yummy rubies with a clear bright cherry color for something special!

It's not January and this is not a New Years resolution but a life change that needs to stick for my own health. It comes with its challenges, rheumatoid arthritis and hands that randomly go numb... But it's so worth it for the kick ass feeling I get when I power through and create something that another person cherishes.

What are you doing in your life to take care of you? Whatever it is, let's stop feeling guilty about it together and start feeling awesome because when we take care of ourselves we can also share our best selves! Isn't that the goal in life anyway?

Oh, and more to come on the special something very soon!

Kisses,

K

(All images created and owned by Krista Carson.)

*Yes, I'm still putting away all our Christmas decor after being gone for most of January. Yes, I know it's February... (Sheesh.) And, no, don't cry for me Argentina because I was in Hawaii for my sisters gorgeous wedding. (Yay! Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Rowin!)

** for me that means exercising first and if I don't have the energy to do the dishes when I'm done, well, they can wait... And shockingly wait they do! Lol, who knew? Revolutionary right?

No comments: